The consortium is currently committed to the implementation of the Strategic plan for the 2013-2015 turn, with a view to "Create added value to the Partner Universities, the Industry, the Public Administration and the overall country, thank to its important role at the national level, being the representative of almost all of the Italian academic informatics community".
CINI is currently equipped with 10 research labs:
- 6 network-structured Labs, distributed throughout the whole national territory, focused on:
- AsTech: Assistive Technologies
- Big Data
- CFC: ICT Skills, Training, and Certification
- Cyber Security
- Infolife: Formal Methods and Algorithmics for Life Sciences
- Adaptive Software
- 1 Lab at the University Federico II in Naples
- 3 joint “public/private” Labs between CINI and private companies.
At the international level, CINI:
- is an active member of the European Forum for ICST (EFICST) (http://www.eficst.eu/), which includes the most relevant European organizations and societies in ICT. The forum aims at establishing a strong coordination between the principal scientific societies in Europe, and at developing a common strategy to be proposed to decision makers.
- is founding member of the Big Data Value Association (http://www.bigdatavalue.eu/), which is the private side of the cPPP Big Data Value.
- Joined Informatics Europe (IE) (http://www.informatics-europe.org/);
- participates in the activities of the Artemis JTI and the Networked European Software and Services Initiative (NESSI) (http://www.nessi-europe.eu/default.aspx?page=home);
- through the National Expert Group, it actively supports the Italian representative within the ICT Committee of the Horizon 2020 program.
- At the national level, CINI:
- is involved with AGID (Agency for Digital Italy - Presidency of the Council of Ministers) for the preparation of a National plan for culture, education, and digital skills;
- is involved in research projects and higher education with the major players of the national industrial system and consortia;
- shares various initiatives with the major national associations of ICT professionals.