The Consortium involves 1,300+ professors of both Computer Science (Italian SSD INF/01) and Computer Engineering (Italian SSD ING-INF/05), belonging to 39 public universities:
- The Universities of L'Aquila, Bari, Bologna, Bolzano, Brescia, Calabria, Cassino, Catania, Ferrara, Florence, Genoa, Salento, Milan, Milano - Bicocca, Modena-Reggio Emilia, Naples "Federico II", the Second University of Naples, Naples "Parthenope", Padova, Palermo, Parma, Pavia, Piedmont, Pisa, Reggio Calabria, Rome "La Sapienza", Rome "Tor Vergata", Salerno, Sannio Benevento, Trento, Udine, Venice, Verona
- The Technical Universities of Bari, Milano and Torino
- The Special Schools of St. Anna (Pisa) and IMT (Lucca).
In a very strict cooperation with the national scientific communities, the Consortium promotes and coordinates scientific activities of research and technological transfer, both basic and applicative, in several fields of Computer Science and Computer Engineering,
In particular, CINI supports:
- Joint research activities with Universities, Institutes of higher education, research institutions, industries, and Public Administrations;
- The access and the participation in projects and scientific activities of research and technology transfer;
- The creation and development of national research Labs;
- Customized higher education tracks
In all its activities CINI ensures:
- the highest quality at the national (and, where needed, international) level by relying on several academic excellences;
- the critical mass necessary to achieve the targets;
- the geographical distribution throughout the overall Italian country.